The scalp is among the most sensitive parts of the human skin. It’s important to take care of the skin that's hidden beneath our hair. A gentle yet effective cleansing process is needed to maintain the condition of your scalp and hair. Discover how our gentle sulphate-free scalp shampoo offers a soothing way to treat your sensitive scalp.
Wil Fleeson is a renowned trichologist (hair & scalp expert), member of the Association of Registered Trichologists and founder of Trichology Scotland with over 20 years of experience in the hairdressing industry. We asked him for his tips on how to minimise hair loss.
What causes a sensitive scalp?
A sensitive dry scalp is often accompanied by scalp irritation that can be caused by:
- Stress can cause a hormonal imbalance in our body, this imbalance has an impact on our bodies’ biochemical responses
- Immune system and allergic responses
- Chemicals in soaps, perfumes, detergents and some haircare products
- Diseases and infections
- Product build-up in the hair
What are the symptoms of a sensitive scalp?
- Burning/stinging sensation
Interested in more scalp care tips?
Discover the rest of our Professional Tips for scalp health to learn how, with our hyper-personalised SalonLab&Me products you can improve your scalp condition, setting a good foundation for beautiful hair.